Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hawaii Family Pics





I need to post about our week-long trip to Hawaii, Celia turning 3, her animal birthday party, and Sabrina starting rice cereal, but for now, I'll post the pictures we took in the hours between taking my parents to the airport and us going ourselves. Oh, and so I don't forget, our conversation last night...

It had been a long, eventful day and it was 9PM, Sabrina was taking a bath and we were all in the bathroom watching her splash. We had forgotten Family Home Evening, so I tried to do a really fast lesson (the first line was literally the whole lesson. No mention of Jesus):
Me: For Family Home Evening, we're going to talk about Patience. Patience means...?
Celia: Waiting.
Me: Waiting nicely. Good. So what did we learn about today at Family Home Evening?
Celia: um. I dunno. Jesus?
Me: And patience. Jesus was very patient because he waited...?
Celia: I dunno. Heavenly Father?
Me: nicely. He waited nicely.
She's all ready for seminary answers...

This morning, she was desperately screaming for me in her bed. I ran down there, opened the door and say: "What's wrong?" She smiled and said: "I'm just hangin' around."

I'm trying to work on her putting her own clothes on. She's never really cared to so now I'm making her try more. I told her to try putting her pants on (she's totally capable, just lazy I guess) and I'd help her if she got stuck. She put one leg in and gave up: "No. I can't. It's too hard. I'm having a hard day."

Tom adds a Celia Daily from Hawaii:
We got sugar cane juice in Chinatown, Honolulu. She asked: "Daddy do you like your drink?"
I said: "yes, I love it."
and she said: "no, do you like it?"
and I said I loved it again
and she asked if I liked it
I said I liked it and loved it.
She thought about it for a minute and said: "but you don't hug your drink."

8 comments:

Meg said...

so cute marel!! you guys are just a precious little family!

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

i laughed out loud at this post, twice. love it!

Michelle said...

Glad you guys got to go to Hawaii! Hope you had a great vacation!

Jessica Stoker said...

Okay she is HUGE, I can't believe how much she has grown since we saw you like forever ago. Seriously we need to get these far second or third (not sure if we ever decided what they were) cousins together soon because they will be a crack up together. Jackson could use some bossing around too.

Krisling said...

I am SO GLAD Toby isn't the only one who doesn't dress himself yet. Seriously, the kid is either dressing-challenged or ridiculously lazy. At least he's figured out how to get his socks off.

Megan Zimmerman said...

I love the last picture! Your girls are so cute! Looks like a great trip.

Tara said...

Ah... sun.
Doth mine eyes behold true? Dost thou seekest the shade of various trees in 3 out of 4 pictures? Art thou beset with the Alaskan disease of the vampire and afraid of the springing rays of the sun?

Jonathan and Laura said...

What a great vacation. I love the family pictures!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed