Monday, July 25, 2011

Sweet Potato Pasta



We have been running at full speed since the last blog post. We went to Oregon, then Washington, and then camping on the beach catching fish. All of these events will eventually be blogged (when the amount of pictures seems less daunting). However, it's the catching of 27 fish (25 salmon and 2 flounder) which leads me to this blog post. Our 72 lbs of filleted fish meat in the freezer from last week's fishing expedition has solidified my desire to become weekday pescetarians. Sounds cooler than it is. Basically, I only want to eat two dinners a week that involve a meat other than fish. So, I'm coming up with vegetarian and fish recipes. I wanted to write down the recipe I made up for delicious sweet potato pasta before I forget it. So here it is (made up using a combination of several recipes found online):

Sweet Potato Pasta:
3 cups cooked, chopped sweet potato
1.5-2 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
1.5 Tbsp dried basil
3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
1-2 cups milk (until the sauce is a paste... thicker than sauce but thinner than peanut butter. Also, I'm sure you could forgo the cream and just use milk, if you so choose.)
Salt and pepper to taste.

Throw it all in a food processor and then warm it up on the stove in a saucepan (making sure that you turn off heat as soon as it gets warm so as not to actually cook the milk). This amount is perfect for a pound of pasta. Heavy pasta is preferred.

This pasta would also make a great side dish. I'm making some tonight as a side for our flounder (pictured below). Aren't flounder the ugliest fish you've ever seen?

2 comments:

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

That sounds good! I like spinach pasta. Have you made that yet?

Crystal said...

Awesome! We have a million sweet potatoes here and I can never think of what to make with them! Thanks for sharing your recipe! ... and good job fishing! :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed