Monday, September 26, 2011

Celia + Sabrina: Every Day

Lest you think all we do is have crazy adventures (although that's mostly true), here are some daily life pictures of the girls.  
Celia would spend all day putting on makeup if I let her: 


She is obsessed with Rapunzel, has us call her Rapunzel a lot of the time, and I'm making her a Rapunzel costume for Halloween.  She asked me a hundred times a day if it was done yet until I got her a Rapunzel braid (wig not completed... right now it's just a mullet braid).  Now she spends all day wearing dresses and skirts and her braid.  She pretends to paint on the walls and calls Sabrina Pascal.  We've had to make rules with the braid (ie: no washing the windows with the braid, no wearing the braid whilst eating, etc).  But on the plus side, she doesn't ask about her dress anymore.  



Sabrina still climbs.  Doing any dishes is impossible when she's awake.  She comes crawling in as fast as she can (which is lightning fast) if she hears the dishwasher open.  Then she takes everything she can out.  She likes to stick big toys in the rack and little toys in the soap opening.  She is so frantic about everything she does, I rarely allow her in the dishwasher.  Too scary.  She's always so close to flipping out backwards.  Story of her life.  


One day, Sabrina got her arm out of the sleeve.  She thought it was funny.  She crawled behind the couch so I couldn't see her, I heard some grunting, and then she crawled back out with her arm out.  And this is her: "yeah, I know, I'm cool" face.  We thought it was particularly funny because Celia used to do this daily at this age.  


In other news for the ladies, Celia is still the slowest eater in the universe.  Eating her oatmeal in the morning takes over an hour if we don't remind her to take bites and 45 minutes if we do.  Right now she's singing "Finishing my oatmeal is good for Earth (?)!  Finishing my oatmeal is good for Earth!  I will finish my oatmeal.  But it's not bad for Earth.  It's just good for Earth.  And I'm on Earth actually.  And it's good for Earth.  We're on Earth."  Very melodic.  Very little eating is actually occurring.  And I'm glad she's so eco-conscious, though I'm not sure where she got the idea that finishing her oatmeal is good for earth (is she really aware that wasting is bad for Earth?  Doubt it.  Though maybe...).

2 comments:

theemilyray said...

Very cute! At least Rapunzel is the least vile of the Princesses ;)

Sarah Culp said...

That song is awesome... It's never too early to start caring about the earth!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed