Friday, June 29, 2012

Celia & Sabrina: The Funny Ladies

My conversation with Celia yesterday:
Me: We're going to start a new thing called Mommy time where I set the timer for 30 minutes and for 30 minutes I do nothing else but play with you and Sabrina.  We can do whatever you want.
Celia:  I don't want to do that.
Me: Why not?
Celia: I don't want to do that.
Me: Okay.  It's your choice.  If you want to do that, let me know.
(Long pause.)
Celia: Okay.  I want to do that.  But I want to call it "kid time."
Me: Sounds good.

Dorothy is still alive... which is amazing with Sabrina around.  She loves Dorothy so much.  Twice she has dumped in about a quarter of a cup of fish food (rather than 2-3 pellets).  Dorothy is too high for her to reach, but she moves her little toy car over there and climbs up to be close.  Last night, we had moved Dorothy onto the high kitchen counters to keep him (yes, Dorothy's still a boy) away from Sabrina.  Then Tom was downstairs helping Celia get ready for bed (I was at Young Women's).  When he came upstairs, Sabrina was carrying Dorothy's bowl from the kitchen back to the shelf where he was.  Amazingly, both the fish and most of the water was still in the bowl and Sabrina was so proud of herself.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed