Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Letters to Santa

I just wanted to share the girls' letters to Santa this year.  It's the first time they've wanted to do that, so it was interesting to see what would happen.  Celia came home from school one day and decided she should write a letter to Santa.  When I asked her what she was going to ask him for, she answered "bunny slippers!"  It was pretty hilarious and sounded like someone had told her that is what you ask for.  After we talked about it for a bit and what she really wanted, she decided what she really wanted was some pink nail polish. Celia's handwriting has improved markedly since starting school.



Sabrina had to get in on the action as well to write a letter to Santa.  She drew the front first and I asked her if it was a picture of what she wanted for Christmas.  "No.  It's a ghost.  For Santa.  I drew Santa a ghost."  Then, after seeing Celia's (and getting distracted again making handprints), Sabrina decided she wanted purple nail polish and drew that as well.  



And to add a little Family History to this blog, here's a Santa letter from one of my ancestors written in 1926.  The kid thought practically with a hoe, a rake, and a shovel.  But then he couldn't decide what else he liked best.  (Also, it was written on Christmas Eve... not giving Santa much time now, are we?)


In plain text (as far as we can tell):
Dear Santa Claus
December 24, 
1926
I want a hoe, rake, 
and a shovel
and that's all
best I like these things
I want a bank
best and I like a sand
crane and a dump truck
I like a freight car best
bring them to me
I like a caboose best

1 comment:

Krisling said...

No way. The word verification for me is IRVIN. That is weird.

Anyway, your girls are so dang cute. I want to squoosh their faces. And holy crap, a letter from 1926?! that is incredible!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed