Friday, March 14, 2014

Caleb: 5 weeks and a day

Caleb is now over five weeks old.   He's a happy,  sleepy baby.   He smiled twice for the first time on March 5th.  He has a cute little mostly closed mouth smile.   The first time was during tummy time (unlike my ladies,  he actually likes tummy time).   I was down on the floor next to him and he just smiled at me (first of my kids to smile at me first... He's a mama's boy!).  Then later that evening,  he was on a blanket on the floor and he heard Tom using the jigsaw in the garage.   He got really calm and when the sawing noise ended,  he just smiled.   He's also got a great series going of awesome sleeping poses.   Caleb loves to sleep.   He eats really well every 2.5-3  hours during the day.  Caleb also gets the hiccups after every single feeding.  He goes to sleep for the night after his 9:30pm feeding and usually sleeps until 8 or 9 in the morning with one gas attack around 4ish (after which I usually feed him).   The poor boy gets attacked by gas periodically.   He gets really growly and then passes really loud gas for a solid few minutes.  Before Caleb, I really thought baby gas drops were a placebo for parents because they did absolutely nothing for my girls,  but they totally seem to help him (for which I'm grateful).   He's getting big (though he started pretty big) and his cute giant tummy always seems to be hanging out.   It's so hard to be productive when Caleb likes to just sleep on my shoulder.   I'm enjoying our cuddle time tremendously.   And I'm so glad our little boy has joined the family!

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Can he send sleeping powers to Ivory? I'm so tired!
Really she does pretty well--just wakes up 2 times at night but she eats so slowly that she is awake for almost an hour both times...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed