Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Rapunzel Dress

We finished the dress (minus the lace-up cord which we still need to purchase and the hemming of the sleeves).  I'm proud.  Seriously proud.  Like: other than my Master's Degree and Natural Childbirth proud.  Didn't think a princess dress would be the third biggest accomplishment of my life.  Thanks to Joy Huffman for swooping in and doing the zipper for me (on my machine so I feel like I helped).  Celia has been wearing it all morning.  And then, of course, wanted to wear it watching the movie.  She tested its twirling capabilities (excellent), jumping capabilities (sufficient), and the looking-like-Rapunzel factor (also excellent).  Did I mention I'm pretty proud?  Yeah, I've sewn curtains.  And now this dress.  You'll be seeing (much) more of this little beauty as Halloween approaches.  



5 comments:

sue stock said...

Congratulations! This wasn't exactly the easiest first sewing project.

Joy said...

You should be proud Marel! Rapunzel's Mother AND Seamstress? Wow. The happy look on Rapunzel's face says it all! Joy

Jessica Stoker said...

It looks great. Love the paisley in the front.

Dana said...

You (and Celia) are hilarious! Love you tons. - all of you. can do!

Jonathan and Laura said...

Wow that looks great! Good work!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed