Thursday, January 19, 2012

Alaska: It Snows Here

We've had a crazy abnormal winter.  So far, Anchorage has gotten 88 inches of snow.  I'm totally loving it because it feels more like what I thought I was signing up for when moving to Alaska.  It's gorgeous.  We had a two-story snow pile in our parking lot, but yesterday morning a loader came and filled up 5 dump trucks and 2 lawn maintenance trucks.  It was an eventful morning out our window.  But here are some pictures of what 88" looks like (while I took the girls on a walk with the sled, Tom took some pictures).  







Though I am loving all the snow, I could do without the abnormal negative temperatures.  But I guess we're grateful we're not Cordova, who, Since November 1, has gotten 176 inches of snow and 44 inches of rain.  Yikes!  (Photo: Reader submission adn.com)

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed