Sunday, January 30, 2011

Celia Dailies: Avoiding Naps

Celia is still sick, but the Amoxicillin has kicked in and she's doing much better. She spent the morning with Taylor at our house while we took Sabrina to the doctor (more on that in a bit) and when we left the house, she had a really wet diaper she wouldn't let us change, she was still wearing her jammies, and her hair was an old messy braid. When we got back, she looked like a transformed tween. She was wearing a dress with pants under it and had a sweet early 90s crimped ponytail. She also had a much better outlook on life. Which meant she was back to trying to avoid her naps (rather than asking for them as she has the past three days). Just today, here are the ways she tried to stall/avoid a nap:

- We told Celia when the movie she was watching was all done, she had to go to bed. When Tom reminded her of that toward the end of the movie, she said: "wait, wait, wait. I never said that." He reminded her again and she said: "What do you mean?" Then she apparently said: "We're on the elevator. And there's Zurg. And there's Jessie." (She was watching Toy Story 2 at the time.) And she kept telling Zurg: "It's okay. You don't have to be afraid of us."

- She was also wearing two tutus. I took her downstairs to put her in bed and told her she had to take off her dancing skirts. She said: "But I have to dance!" and I had to count down from 20 so she could have a chance to dance before I took them off.

- She was just about to get in bed when she decided she needed to wear her watch and hide behind her bedroom door. At this point, I did the "you're in trouble count to three." I said: "Celia, it's time to get in bed. I'm going to count. One. Two..." Then she looked out and said: "No no no. Stop counting. I'm behind the door right now." When I started over she said: "You can't count, I'm behind the door right now!"

And then she took an over 3-hour nap....

Sabrina spent the night with a 101.2 underarm temperature. I did a middle of the night run to the store to get baby Tylenol. (I was there in my jammies with about 30 couples from some holiday ball type occasion. Awesome). Trying to keep Sabrina asleep and bring down her temperature proved to be a very sleepless event for me (though Sabrina slept fine). I was nursing, medicating, and calling the night nurses constantly. When we got into the doctor at 10AM (thank heavens we live in a place where our doctors are open on both Saturday and Sunday!), Sabrina had a rectal temp of 102.6. Her lungs sounded great (no RSV!) and she didn't have any ear infections. The flu test came back negative, but they said that's probably what it is. So, we just have to monitor her and bring her back in if she gets worse or if her temp gets up to 103. She's got a hacky cough just like Celia but she's still a smiley, happy baby (despite literally burning my hand last night when feeding her she was so hot, poor girl).

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed