Saturday, January 8, 2011

Dear Sabrina

I was realizing that you are three months old now and I should write your updates in your baby book before you get any older. But then I realized I don't know how to tell you who you are in just those few lines. There's so much more I want to say. I'll start with what the book wants to know: you eat great. You sleep 11-13 hours and eat after sleeping 9-11 hours. If you wake up during the night, you will always fall back asleep if we stick a binky in your mouth. You still listen to the sounds of a rushing river when you sleep (left over from your colicky days). You like to coo and ooh for us when you're happy. You smile constantly.


But what the baby book can't fit on its few little lines is the fact that you don't even seem like a baby. You are so aware of everything. You'll smile at anyone that will say hi to you. But you're keyed into your family. You get excited when Daddy comes home. We go down to see him and you are all smiles. You watch your sister be crazy. And I still often find the two of you on the floor smiling at eachother when I get out of the shower. Though I've been told you can't see farther than a few feet, if I put you on your blanket in the living room and walk into the kitchen, you always bend your head all the way back so you can smile at me. When we talk to you, you get so excited, your eyes water and you start talking back in excited "oohs."

You suck on your hand until it's red and puffy.

You're super ticklish. And you laugh when we tickle you. When you're tired, you sort of smile and grunt.

You seem so appreciative. I always feel like you realize how much work it is to be a mom (doubt you do, but you sure seem like it). You like to stop eating and look up at me and talk and laugh.

In the evenings, when you're starting to get tired and you're not sure what to do with yourself, you love watching the marbles go through Marbleworks.


So even though you're only three months old, you seem so much older. And so much more aware. Even if you can't figure out why the blanket is in your face that you just accidentally grabbed and pulled up. And the good news is, you're ears are starting to stick out like they should (to be in this family). So now you're one of us. And we're proud. You're the best little baby around. And we love you.

3 comments:

Colby said...

I love that last picture! Very creative!

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

great post. jealous of the new camera all ready. great shots!

Samantha said...

I read your last blog and I do not know what your job title means that you do!!!

But for this post, she is one beautiful baby. There is something so special to me about a sweet baby girl.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed