Thursday, June 9, 2011

If Tom were to brag...

He might have shown you pictures of this dining room table he refinished. Since I usually do the bragging around here (for both of us), I feel he may have gotten shafted on this one. He worked on it all last summer and finished literally 24 hours before Sabrina was born (she was a nice girl to come two weeks early and exactly a day after we checked off our "to-do" list). Since it's been 8 months since the table was finished, I thought I'd brag for Tom. Luckily, Celia staged Jessie and Bullseye before she took a nap.




This original 1950s beauty was purchased on ebay for cheap in 2009 (with 6 fabulously Mod chairs that are Tom's project for this summer) and came in pretty bad shape. Many nights of sanding and polishing and polyeurathaning (now a word) later and we now have what we will claim as our best souvenir of "The Great Recession" (because when prices bottomed out, we got this set that's worth well over $1000 for much, much less than that).

By the way, it can comfortably fit 12 (the other drop leaf isn't even up in the above pictures) and fold down to fit 4. Isn't this the coolest table you've ever seen? (Celia stood in front of it and said: "Hey, are you taking a picture of me too?" and this is the face I get when I tell her to laugh for the picture):

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed