Sunday, August 28, 2011

Celia: Reverent Prayers

We just got back from a trip to Denali where we took a million pictures. I'll get to that someday. I just wanted to document Celia's prayer for dinner tonight. As I was setting dinner on the table, I said: "Okay, let's say some prayers so we can eat dinner." Celia said: "I'm gonna say it" and then immediately started saying it. Tom was still trying to get Sabrina in the high chair, so it all went down like this:
Celia: Dear Heavenly Father, Thank You for this day and be reverent. (looking up and seeing Tom strapping Sabrina in) HEY! BE REVERENT!
Tom: Just a minute.
Me: We're not quite ready to say prayers yet, wait just a minute.
Celia: (immediately) Dear Heavenly Father, my daddy's not being reverent. Please help him to be reverent. In the name of... oh! And bless the food. The tomatoes (potatoes), green beans, and that. That food right there (pointing to stuffing on her plate). In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed