Friday, April 8, 2011

Hawaii: Honolulu





The best part of our Honolulu trip was these pictures with the birds. And the cute Hawaiian matching dresses I bought there for the girls (that they're wearing in those family pictures of us). We started at Chinatown where Tom and I bought some yummy things at the Asian market and drank sugarcane juice. Other than that, Honolulu was not that great. We drove around for an hour to find parking. Then we ate at the mall food court. Walked around. Spent 45 minutes on the super crowded beach. Then went home and Celia threw up all over in the car on the way back. Luckily, she had a towel in her lap so it wasn't that big of a mess but it just made the whole day kind of a joke. She enjoyed the movie she got to watch on her bed afterwards "because I'm sick."

4 comments:

Drew said...

We felt the same way about Honolulu. The parking is terrible. And the beach is awful! Maybe it was pretty back in the day when there weren't any buildings around. But now, you can't even swim in the waves without stepping all over coral. I like your pictures of the birds though. That looks fun!

Michelle said...

Sorry, that comment was not from Drew, it was from me!

Brittney Bodine said...

WOW! You're pictures are so amazing. What a fun vacation. I like the picture with Sabrina asleep in Tom's arms. What a great dad!
Also, I hate cooking with the boys. Somebody always ends up with burns...a little too dangerous. good for you for trying!

britt said...

I loved looking at all your pics! I love the third one too with Celia's funny/cute expression. I agree about Honolulu not being all that great. Everything is overcrowded. But the pics are definitely awesome!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed