Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year's Resolution: Help!

I'm not really one for making New Year's Resolutions ("The unaimed arrow never misses").  However, this has been a goal of mine since September and it's not really working out.  So if I label it a "New Year's Resolution" and enlist some help, maybe I'll be better at it.  So here it is:

Cleaning the house.

Let me clarify.  I don't mean clutter.  The kids produce a lot of that very quickly (Sabrina is famous for emptying entire drawers and baskets in record time) and I would be doing nothing else if I decided to stay on top of the clutter.  I don't want to stress myself out like that.  I mean chores.  Vacuuming.  Bathrooms.  Mopping.  I currently do them... but I do them all in one day... usually when I know people are coming over.  I would like to fit those things into daily life so that I get a routine down.  But nothing has worked so far.  One of the problems is that I can't clean either bathtub or vacuum while the kids are sleeping.  It wakes them up.  And I'm great with laundry.  And pretty good with the kitchen.  So it's just bathrooms.  Vacuuming.  Mopping.

What works for you?

5 comments:

L said...

http://organizingmadefun.blogspot.com/2010/11/15-minutes-of-cleaning-how-to-have-fake.html

Just found this, because I have the same goal for the New Year!! :)

Vickie said...

I was never good at those things ... and so as my kids got a little older they were just added to their list of chores. They each pick one a day. Naturally I still do the bathtub, and touchup whatever chore they have. So this won't help for 2012, but maybe for 2015!

haleyhorrocks said...

Hey, this is my New Year's resolution too! I try to do a little bit every day--all in one is too much with young kids, for me at least. I scrub and do b-rooms after the kids are in bed. And that's all I've got.

Marel and Tom Stock! said...

I've actually been trying something similar to that schedule since September (I came across it too), but it feels like I'm always cleaning. So then I just don't do it at all. I haven't figured out a way to break it down that works for me. But I like that idea. That idea is my goal... 15-20 minutes a day.

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

My mom and all her friends love Fly Lady and her philosophy.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed