Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sabrina: The Smart Non-Talker

Sabrina doesn't talk much.  In the past couple of weeks, she's just started saying "mama," "dada," and "hi" both correctly and consistently.  She also just learned what a lion says (more of a Grrr), a kitty (either "eeeow" or Muhrrr"), and a horse (basically a violent laugh).  

Despite her lack of words, she is still intelligent and held a full civil argument with me on Monday.  She's cutting her forth bottom tooth and has been hurting.  So Tom gave her a plastic teething ring and we told her she could put it in her mouth.  She did and walked away happily.  She then went and got a plastic ball (too tiny for mouth consumption), and approached me with both.  She held them up to me, tapped the two together indicating that they felt the same.  She then put the teething ring in her mouth and nodded.  Then she held the ball up to her mouth and waited for my response.  I still told her no... but almost wanted to reward the argument.  Well played.

Her current obsession is "Wheels on the Bus."  She makes us sing it five million times a day (always with the book we have... we can't ever sing it without the book).  When we said "The Mommies on the bus go..."  Sabrina did this:


and then exhaled through her mouth to make the "shhh" sound.  I thought it was funny.

(And notice Celia to the side always in her Rapunzel dress.  I was hoping it would last two Halloweens but it gets an awful lot of use...)

1 comment:

Megan Zimmerman said...

Sabrina is so funny! I love it. I wish I could have that kind of argument. :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed