Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day: A Mothering Success Story

So, I was very proud of my first heart-shaped pancake.  It looked like a heart, you could tell I dyed it pink...


 And then I flipped it over...  Whoops.


 But I got a bit better (maybe a bit Mickey-ish) and Celia seeing her heart-shaped pancake for lunch was awesome.  She was so excited.  And ate two giant pancakes (after already eating lunch at Preschool).


Celia was so excited to eat her sucker she got at preschool after pancakes and she kept talking about it.  Sabrina, who hadn't eaten any lunch yet, refused her pancake.  Then I told her she could have a sucker too and she shoved the whole pancake in her mouth and started pointing and grunting to the suckers.  So she got to eat her first-ever sucker.  The next 20 minutes were hilarious and both girls ate suckers.  They began dueling with their suckers.  It was 20 minutes of hilarious, sticky moments.


After naptime, Celia helped me with the cookies.


I also managed to make dinner (cousin Travis came to join us), make frosting for the cookies, clean the house, and do both mine and Tom's chores (Happy Valentine's Day!), and finish a project for work.  After dinner, the girls decorated cookies.


And Sabrina decorated her face and hair.  Oh well, tomorrow's bath day and change the sheets day.  (See how chill I am?)


I only almost lost it twice and both times quickly returned to my new, chill mantra very quickly.  2012 Marel rocks!

1 comment:

haleyhorrocks said...

You have inspired me to try to be more laid-back. It takes active concentration to achieve "relaxed mom." At least for me. Maybe I'm too controlling?

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed