Monday, May 16, 2011

After Afters: The Bathrooms!

Tom finally finished the bathrooms this weekend. Other than the beautiful dining room table he finished in October (the night before Sabrina was born, so I have not appropriately bragged about it), the bathrooms were our winter home project. These things used to go so fast with both of us working on it together in the evenings and on weekends during nap time. Turns out with two kids, I was remarkably unhelpful and Tom only got to work on them a few hours a week. I did, however, paint the painting in the downstairs bathroom. My contribution. Again, we only have "before before" pictures taken by my cousins after we bought the house (sight unseen), so the *stuff* in the "before" pictures is not ours. So, here you go:

The upstairs bathroom:
BEFORE:



AFTER:




The Downstairs Bathroom (the girls' bathroom):
BEFORE:


AFTER:



AND A CELIA STORY:
Today, Celia went downstairs by herself to use the potty. She had been eating a sucker and it was all over her clothes. So she used the potty. Then I heard her say: "My panties are dirty. I will put them away. My pants are dirty. I will put them away." When Tom went down a few minutes later, she had put just her panties and pants in the washing machine and started it (no soap). Then she had gotten new pants and panties and put them on. Does she even need us anymore?

5 comments:

Lu said...

I think your bathrooms could be featured on HGTV. They are fantastic.

Michelle said...

The bathrooms look great! And your daughter is SO smart!!!

haleyhorrocks said...

Your bathrooms look great! Good job, guys. Also, I too feel like I am more of a handicap than a help, and I have been for a long time. The other day I went to start packing for a trip after the kids were in bed, and it felt so strange to be doing that job. Usually Jesse is doing the packing while I take care of kids. I almost didn't know where to start.

And nice for Celia to start
pulling her weight around the house! :) It's a good thing she's so smart--she probably wont' make the same mistakes other "helpers" would. Watch out that she doesn't start the dishwasher with dish soap, though.

Ambam & Pants said...

I don't believe those aren't your trinkets in the original bathrooms. You always did like fake flowers in crystal vases! Good work Tom.

Samantha said...

Celia CRACKS ME UP. And your bathrooms are SO cute.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed