Monday, May 2, 2011

Spring has sprung!

The snow is gone and the whole town turned out to clean up the city this weekend. They pass out plastic bags and everyone picks up all the litter that has been frozen over all winter. Though we did not participate (with plans to do so in the future... when our children will be a bit more helpful), we are grateful for how clean and beautiful the city has now become. We took the opportunity to have a family home evening bike ride tonight. The girls were in the "bike tent" (they're happy... trust me... just couldn't get them to smile until they started moving).



Not pictured is my fabulous new bike. I bought a sweet Diamondback on closeout about a week after Sabrina was born in October. It was snowy then so I got to ride it around the garage once (one week post partum). It was great to actually ride it outside! It's a comfort bike and I'm loving it. I went straight from my 11-year-old mountain bike to my dad's mountain bike, so having a cruiser that's actually my size (and new!) is fabulous. This is just the first of what we hope will be weekly family bike rides around town. With sunny weather and great trails, how could we not?

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed