Thursday, May 19, 2011

Celia: She's practically raising herself.

I have preface this post by saying that on Tuesday, Celia had an accident at Carl's Jr. and screamed for (not exaggerating) three hours after that. She hadn't had an accident for more than a month I would say. Anyway, it was a day where I saw into the lives of people with regular toddlers and it was not pleasant.

So yesterday, Celia went down for her nap. I had the monitor up here and listened the whole time. I heard the usual songs, stories, made-up stories, etc. but she didn't sleep. When I went down to get her, she was wearing different pants and here was our conversation:

Me: Celia, are you wearing different pants?
Celia: Yeah, I am.
Me: What happened to your other pants?
Celia: They got dirty a little bit.
Me: How did they get dirty?
Celia: I don't know.
Me: What got on them to make them dirty?
Celia: Some yucky wet got on them.
Me: Like from your bum?
Celia: Yeah.
Me: Did you have an accident?
Celia: Yeah, but I didn't cry at all!

Keep in mind I listened on the monitor the whole time... there was no indication of an accident. But apparently she had a little accident and changed her panties and her pants all by herself and left a nice little pile of the dirty ones by the door in her room (while continuing to sing and make up stories involving her "teeny tiny friends" so I had no idea what was really happening). I'm convinced if it wasn't naptime, she would have just put the clothes in the wash and then maybe cooked herself some dinner...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Cute outfits! Cute kids! LOVE it!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed