Saturday, May 14, 2011

Celia: Smart Girl

Remember the "patter-in" Celia colored? She's been obsessed with patterns. The other day, she woke up from her nap and I went in there and she said: "Sleep, wake-up, sleep, wake-up. It's a patter-in!" Then she was playing with a toy with pictures and letters on it and she turned them and said: "letter, picture, letter, picture, letter. It's a patter-in!"



She likes to get into Sabrina's bed after Sabrina wakes up. They like to cuddle and then Sabrina likes to watch Celia play with her fishie mobile.




Celia pointed to Sabrina's sheets (which, incidentally are original to Tom's family with the blue port-a-crib from the 80s... still family favorites) and said: "open, closed, open, closed. It's a patter-in!" (referring to the babies eyes on the sheets).



Oh, and yesterday, Celia was drawing on newspaper and said: "C-E-L-I-A. I drawed my name!" Sure enough, there it was in a perfect column going up (drives me crazy because she decided to add a little squiggly right there in the middle before I could picture it in its perfection). This came out of nowhere because, although she signs all of her artwork with a C, she has never attempted her whole name (nor did I know she was capable of drawing an A intentionally). I'm. So. Proud. Moments like these make me realize that I'm not failing completely as a mom (or Celia's smarts make up for my shortcomings... but I'll stick with the former option).



Sabrina starting saying "Mama" yesterday. Another proud moment. She just stares at Tom or I if we talk like she does, but when Celia does it, she whips her head around to watch and cackles like crazy. It's hilarious.

3 comments:

britt said...

That's cool how she's recognizing patterns. I especially love how the girls hang out in Sabrina's crib; it gets me really excited to see cute stuff like that in a year or so. Thanks for giving me even more cool stuff to look forward to! And good job Celia for writing your name!

Unknown said...

That's wonderful! Every right to be a proud mama. It's really cute to see them both cuddling together! Adorable little girls!

Samantha said...

Whoa and whoa. That is REALLY young to be doing that!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed