Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sabrina: Seven Months

Someday, I will open Sabrina's baby book and fill in all this information. But if Celia's baby book is any indication, it won't happen until I'm pregnant with the next kid (and that won't happen until Sabrina is at least 4... that's right, 4). But for now, I'll update Sabrina's info here.

Again, we're not going to the doctor until she's 9 months old, so based on home measurements, she weighs about 14.5 lbs and is 26" tall.

Sabrina is our foodie. She eats everything. Though I have to say she is much better at eating solids when Tom is feeding her... but she is improving with me. She's always STARVING. Even after I nurse her. So a typical day for Sabrina is: I nurse her at 6AM and she goes back to bed until about 9. Then I nurse her again between 9:30 and 10 AM and feed her a few bites of applesauce. She takes about a 40-minute nap around 12. Around 1:30, she eats a giant bowl of vegetables mixed with rice cereal. This week I've been giving her two ice cubes of green beans mixed with an ice cube of carrots (we make our own food and freeze it into ice cubes) mixed with rice cereal and water. It makes a ton and she eats it all. And then I nurse her again. She and Celia both take a nap around 3. She sleeps for 1-2 hours then. Between 5 and 6 she nurses again. Around 8:30, she gets a big bowl of rice cereal with a dab of applesauce mixed in. Then I nurse her to sleep at 9.

As for food, she eats it all. She's tried pears (loves), carrots (her favorite), sweet potatoes (likes a lot), green beans (likes a lot), applesauce (likes a lot), and rice cereal (which she will no longer eat unless there's just a tiny bit of applesauce or something else mixed in). She's still a big spitter-upper, so the introduction of bright orange and green foods has not been great for our carpet.



Sabrina is very mobile. She can scoot herself backwards, pull herself forward, and roll into cool angles to get where she wants to go. Yes, she can get up on all fours which makes me especially nervous. And the typical scene around here is Celia in her dancing skirt and sweet headband and Sabrina scooting, pulling, rolling to get to Celia.




Sabrina can give kisses on cheeks when you hold her up and say: "kisses, Sabrina." She just opens her mouth and leans into your face and then smiles at you like she's just done something wonderful. It's cute. And she's a champion at closing the doors on this baby toy. Impressively, actually. She closes them all in a matter of seconds. She's a fabulous baby and we'll keep her. Though that means our carpet will have to go...


2 comments:

Lu said...

Oh man, she is SO cute! I want to gobble her up. I missed that part about not going to the doctor until 9 months. Is that in a previous post? I'm really intrigued. Is it because you're in Alaska and the doctor is far away? Or is it because you decided that was what was best for Sabrina? Anyways, sorry to be so curious. I just like to know these things about people and how and why they do things, I guess. I'm a people nerd.

We totally had colorful spit-up for months and months! We lived in a place with WHITE carpet (not tan, not gray, white!) until Kimball was 11 months old. One time i fed him avocado. He was crawling at that point. You can only imagine what the carpet looked like. Pretty hilarious. I love that picture of her with her spit-up. I wish I had one of Kimball like that!

Okay, novel over. Thanks again for always providing me with interesting reading material. I am your most faithful blog stalker.

Marel and Tom Stock! said...

I'm all about well-baby visits and our doctor is close and great, but our insurance has this loop-hole where they'll pay for preventative care 100% up to a certain dollar amount. Which is fabulous and works great for normal people... but they seemed to have overlooked the fact that newborns go in like a million times in the first 6 months. So Sabrina hit her limit already and we really didn't want to pay for the whole thing out of pocket (selfish? maybe.). So we got her six-month vaccines free at the hospital and weighed her at home. The insurance year starts over July 1, so she'll be ready to go in at 9 months. If we go in for a cough or sickness or anything, they'll pay (so I could lie...), so I figure if she gets sick, I can always take her in. But she seems to be pretty healthy... hope I haven't ruined her life. :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed