Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Celia: Isn't she the greatest?

I came upstairs after fifteen minutes of trying to get Sabrina to go to sleep (she did, finally... she's been fussy the past few days... not sure what that's about). And I found Celia quietly coloring. She looked at me and casually said: "I colored a patter-in (pattern). It's the bear's igloo. It's not a den because it's not. But the lion has a den." Then she kept coloring her patter-in (so cute when she says it this way). I'm so proud. She's so great.




In other Celia news, she used to have an imaginary lion that she would use as an excuse to not poop. "I can't. The lion told me no" or "I have to wait for the lion to come." Then one of her friends got her a set of plastic animals for her birthday. The next time she said something about the lion, Tom got the plastic lion and said: "The lion came and he says to get your poopies out." You should have seen her face... CLASSIC. She didn't know what to say. And after a few more days of using the plastic lion, the mean imaginary lion went away. Now she has a set of imaginary friends. They are known only as "my teeny tiny friends." She refers to them a lot. "Come here my teeny tiny friends." "My teeny tiny friends are hungry. I will get them some food." This morning she was coloring and all of a sudden said: "No my teeny tiny horsey. Don't eat my paper silly!"

Love her.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

When Zara draws ANYTHING I am ridiculously proud. That's a good igloo. You should be proud.
Z has imaginary friends too. A sister named Alphabet, a brother named Hera, (pron. Hrrrr-uh), and a boy named Audrey and a girl named Audrey. Her "Audrey friends." They are green with no hair and no ears. Sometimes they are at school. When she doesn't want to eat some food she says "Audrey is eating it." I can't tell if our girls would get along swimmingly or if they'd be so confused by someone so similar being right in front of them.

Marel and Tom Stock! said...

It would fun to see! Coming to Alaska ever?

Meg said...

What a crack up, she is such a little genius child Marel...what three year old colors patterns!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed